Celebrate National Cereal Day with Kellogg’s®
Cereal lovers everywhere celebrated their favorite day of the year – National Cereal Day!
To honor of the occasion, we created a spread of cereal-infused cocktails/mocktails, celebration bowls and small bites – which can also be made and enjoyed by you all! Click through for recipes and inspiration on how to stir up your own unique, flavorful cereal creations at home.
On National Cereal Eve, we invited all local cereal lovers to grab a spoon and join us at Kellogg’s NYC Café to countdown to the big day with the one-and-only Haliee Steinfeld!
Don’t forget to share your creations on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at #NationalCerealDay!
Confetti (inspired by Hailee Steinfeld herself!)
1 ½ cps Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
Treat House Surprise Confetti Rice Krispies treat square
Yellow cake mix
For the Treat House Surprise Confetti Rice Krispies° Treat Squares (Yields 14 squares):
3 TBSP butter
10 oz. mini marshmallows
6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
3 oz. confetti sprinkles
12 oz. light blue chocolate (white chocolate dyed blue – or your favorite color!)
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan
2. Add the mini marshmallows and stir until melted; remove from heat
3. Add Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal; stir until combined
4. Scoop out onto buttered parchment or wax paper
5. With a rolling pin, roll into a 12” x 14” rectangle
6. Cut out squares using a 1.75+” square cookie cutter
7. You will get 42 crispy rice squares (7 squares x 6 squares)
8. Cut the center out of 14 crispy rice squares
9. Place the crispy rice square with cut-out center on top of a solid square
10. Carefully fill the square up with confetti sprinkles!
11. Top with a solid crispy rice square
12. Place crispy rice squares that are filled with confetti onto a cooling grid
13. Melt the light blue chocolate in the microwave (25-second intervals) until it’s 3/4 melted. It will continue to melt as it sits.
14. Pour the light blue chocolate over the confetti/sprinkle filled square until it’s completely covered. Immediately top with more confetti sprinkles.
15. Remove from cooling grid and place on a sheet pan until the chocolate sets.
To assemble the bowl, top the Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal with the Confetti Treat. Shake with cake mix and serve with your favorite milk.
1 ½ cups Kellogg’s® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
5 silver meringue drops
1 TBSP gold confetti candy
2 TBSP whipped cream
For the Meringues – Yields 60 full-size or 120 mini meringues
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 40 mins, plus standing time
3 large egg whites
¼ tsp cream of tartar
Dash of salt
2/3 cup sugar
Silver food color spray
1. Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 250°F. Add cream of tartar and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form, about 7 minutes.
3. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #2 round tip. Transfer meringue to bag. Pipe meringues that are 1/4-inch to ½ inch in diameter, placing them one-inch apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
4. Bake 40-45 minutes or until firm to the touch. Turn off oven (do not open oven door); leave meringues in oven 1 hour.
5. Remove from oven; cool completely on baking sheets. Remove meringues from paper and spray with silver food color spray; store in an airtight container at room temperature.
To assemble the bowl, top the Kellogg’s® Cocoa Krispies® cereal with the silver meringue drops, gold confetti candy or sprinkles, and whipped cream.
Strawberries & Champagne
1 ½ cups Kellogg’s® Special K® Original cereal
A shake of strawberry powder
8 pink champagne gummies
1 TBSP pink chocolate curls
To assemble the bowl, top the Kellogg’s® Special K® Original cereal with a few shakes of strawberry powder, gummy bears, and pink chocolate curls. Enjoy with strawberry milk (strawberry powder + milk)!
1 ½ cups Unicorn Cereal
Cotton candy-flavored pop candy
To assemble the bowl, top the Unicorn cereal with your favorite store-bought or homemade Cotton Candy. Top with Cotton Candy flavored Pop Candy and serve with your favorite milk.